Thursday, July 18, 2013

My First Tattoo

The day you get your first tattoo is always the hardest. You wonder if it is going to hurt, if you are getting the right one, and if the placement is what you really want. All in all, I think my decision suited me just fine. I love chest tattoos, so I decided to get my first tattoo in that area. It wasn't an easy decision, and I'll tell you right now, my family did not accept it lightly. The tattoo I got, is a Lord of the Rings elvish tattoo. For those of you who do not understand what that is, it is the language of the elves. Mine reads, "Not all those who wander are lost", from the book by J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Fellowship of the Ring".  The entire statement reads, “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crown less again shall be king.” I have really enjoyed displaying my love for the masterpiece of the Lord of the Rings and will continue to do so for the rest of my being. I hope you all enjoy how it has turned out, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment